Download the mp3
The Question: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or evil?
Jesus heals a man on the Sabbath
- The Pharisees and scribes watch Jesus closely, to catch Him in the act of breaking the Sabbath laws
- One of the laws is that you cannot heal a person on the Sabbath because that is considered work
- Jesus asks the question: Is it lawful on the Sabbath days to do good , or to do evil? to save life or to destroy it?
What honors God?
- Doing right, doing good, doing kindness
- Isaiah 1:11-17
- Isaiah 58:6-7, 13-14
- Acts 15:5
What is our goal, to heal or to harm?
- We do one or the other every time we pass by someone
- Are we hurting others through our silence or helping through our witnessing?
- We cannot be neutral