Download the mp3
It only takes one spark to start something and change the world.
- Oppressing Israel for decades
- Garrisons already in Israel
- Retaliating against any assault
- Army pitched in Michmash
- 30,000 chariots, 6,000 horsemen
- People numerous as the sand on the seashore
- Spoilers going out to destroy
- Besieged and in trouble
- Ongoing distress
- Some hiding in caves and pits
- Some avoiding the conflict entirely
- Some joining the Philistines
- All are afraid
- Poor leadership
Jonathan is the spark
- 1 Samuel 14
- Jonathan wanted to do something
- Jonathan believed that God wanted to and could do something
- Jonathan asked God to use him to do something
- Jonathan stepped up and let God use him to do something
- Jonathan inspired others to do something
How does it apply to us today?
- The Philistines are the world today, oppressing Christians
- They are in the heart of Christian territory
- Christians are hiding, running away and joining the enemy
- Jonathan was the spark then. Who is the spark today?
- Do you want to do something?
- Do you believe God wants to and can do something?
- Are you willing to ask God to use you to do something?
- Will you step up and let God use you to do something?
- You can inspire others to do something
- Will you be that spark?
1 Samuel 13 - 14