When you want to get right with God, you don't have to fix everything in your life first.
Sin / Addictions
- Often covers root pains
- Gives short term pleasure that promises freedom, but actually enslaves
- To beat addictions, we need to take care of the underlying pains first
How did Jesus respond to prodigals?
- Luke 15:1-32
- The prodigals: lost sheep, lost coins, lost sons
- Looks for prodigals
- Finds the prodigals
- Brings the prodigals back into the community
- Celebrates with the community over the return of prodigals
How should we respond to prodigals?
- Encourage them, uplift them, help them take their next step toward God
- Acts 14:19-20
- 1 John 4:11
- Hebrews 10-24-25
- Hebrews 3:12-13
- James 5:16
How should we as prodigals take the next step?
- Join in the community of Christ
- Get a coach, mentor or friend with whom you can be honest about your life
- Take your next step