Download the mp3
If you can sincerely pray "Father, set them free" for those who have hurt you, then you've truly forgiven them.
What things might hinder the work of God?
- One way to grieve the Holy Spirit is to harbor anger, bitterness and malice in the heart.
- Is there someone you need to forgive?
- Forgiveness is very important for the health and growth of the Church
- Genesis 50:15-21
- Sold into slavery by his brothers
- Brought to Egypt and eventually thrown into prison
- Rose to power
- During the famine, Joseph's brothers came before him
- Instead of revenge, Joseph shows his brothers forgiveness and grace
Jesus and You!
- Colossians 3:13
- Since God forgave you, you should be willing to forgive others
- Matthew 18:23-35, 6:12:15; 5:23-24
- If you fail to forgive, the only one it hurts is you
- Forgiveness is not for the person who hurt you, it is for you
- Forgiveness has powerful physical and psychological healing benefits
- Luke 23:34
- If God forgave you in the same proportion that you forgive others, would He forgive you?
- Unforgiveness keeps the Holy Spirit from working in your life
- Pride can get in the way of forgiveness and relationship restoration
- Jesus' prayer on the cross shows His willingness to forgive and release those who were taunting, accusing and even murdering Him