If you can sincerely pray "Father, set them free" for those who have hurt you, then you've truly forgiven them.
What things might hinder the work of God?
- One way to grieve the Holy Spirit is to harbor anger, bitterness and malice in the heart.
- Is there someone you need to forgive?
- Forgiveness is very important for the health and growth of the Church
- Genesis 50:15-21
- Sold into slavery by his brothers
- Brought to Egypt and eventually thrown into prison
- Rose to power
- During the famine, Joseph's brothers came before him
- Instead of revenge, Joseph shows his brothers forgiveness and grace
Jesus and You!
- Colossians 3:13
- Since God forgave you, you should be willing to forgive others
- Matthew 18:23-35, 6:12:15; 5:23-24
- If you fail to forgive, the only one it hurts is you
- Forgiveness is not for the person who hurt you, it is for you
- Forgiveness has powerful physical and psychological healing benefits
- Luke 23:34
- If God forgave you in the same proportion that you forgive others, would He forgive you?
- Unforgiveness keeps the Holy Spirit from working in your life
- Pride can get in the way of forgiveness and relationship restoration
- Jesus' prayer on the cross shows His willingness to forgive and release those who were taunting, accusing and even murdering Him