Download the mp3
There is only one perfect parent: God
Bad Choices and Guilt
- Parents may feel guilty over their children's choices
- Genesis 4:1-10
- Judgment lies on Cain, not his parents
- People don't always want to accept personal responsibility
- There are no perfect parents or children
- God wants us to confess our sins, get rid of them and move forward
Oughts and Debts
- Matthew 18:23-35
- Matthew 6:12
- Two reasons why we may have inner tormentors
- Failure to understand, receive and live out God's unconditional grace and forgiveness
- Failure to give unconditional love, grace and forgiveness to others
- Learn to forgive yourself.
- If we fail to accept forgiveness, we are unlikely to forgive others
- Resentment test - is there someone you haven't let off the hook?
- Responsibility test - is there some situation where you haven't accepted your personal responsibility?
- Reminder and Reaction test - do you react negatively to others because they remind you of someone who hurt you in the past?
Scriptural Way to Deal with Debts
- Are you living in a debt-free community of Christians? family? marriage?
- We love, forgive and accept each other because we are loved, forgiven and accepted by God
- Romans 13:18
- Matthew 10:8
- Trust and accept God's forgiveness