Grace is getting what we don't deserve.
Mercy is not getting what we do deserve.
- We need to be merciful because God showed mercy to us
- God commands us to be merciful
- We're going to need mercy in the future
- Showing mercy brings happiness
How can we practice being "merciful"?
- Be patient with people's quirks
- Help anyone hurting around us
- Give people a second chance
- Do good to those who hurt us
- Be kind to those who offend us
- Build bridges of love to the unpopular
- Value relationships over rules
Benefits of a pure heart
- Lasting legacy
- Rewards in Heaven
How do we become a person of integrity?
- Keep promises - verbal integrity
- Refuse to gossip - relational integrity
- Do your best at work - vocational integrity
- Be real with others