Download the mp3
Bearing good fruit is God's purpose for our lives.
What is fruit?
- Your attitude
- Your actions
- Your account
How to bear fruit?
- Abide in Christ through communion in the Word
- Abide in Christ through dependence on the Spirit
Why bear fruit?
- Your purpose
- Glorifies God
What hinders fruit?
- Not abiding in Christ
Weeds that choke the fruit
- What if you don't see much fruit in your life, although you are abiding in Christ?
- Parable of the Sower: Luke 8:5-15; Mark 4:1-20; Matthew 13:1-23
- Fruit bearing takes time and we need to be patient
- What chokes the seed? Luke 8:14; Mark 4:19
- The 3rd and 4th soils are the same; the difference is the thorns in the 3rd soil
What are weeds?
- Worries - cares of this world - Philippians 4:6
- Wealth - deceitfulness of riches - 1 Timothy 6:9-10
- Wants - pleasures of this life; aka the lust of other things
- Weeds take up space, nutrients and time
A Weed Check
- Are you distracted by worry?
- Are you deceived by wealth?
- Are you depleted by wants?