Download the mp3
Order your life around the thing that is going to matter most when you take your last breath on earth.
- Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth.
- Colossians 3:2
Four Reasons Priorities are Essential
- They determine the best use of time and resources
- They chart the direction for making pro-active change
- They allow the ability to think realistically about situations
- They stimulate us to do things in order of importance
Two Difficult Things for People To Do
- Think realistically about their situation
- Do things in order of importance
Six Broad Areas of Life
- Work / Career
- Personal Growth / Hobby
- Health / Physical Well Being
- Social / Community Interaction
- Family / Spouse
- Living for the essentials means seeing the goal and then adjusting everything accordingly
- Essentials are revealed by your conversation, your calendar, and your checkbook
- What is essential to you is revealed by your actions, not your words
- When determining your essentials, God is not simply number one; God is everything!
- The older one gets, the more one discovers that fewer and fewer "things" are really important
- Order your life around the thing that is going to matter most when you take your last breath on earth