God’s Word Is Supreme
1 Kings 13:1-34
No matter who we are, God’s Word should reign supreme in our lives.
- Idolatry is wrong
- Shared with prophets who are responsible to deliver it and keep it
- Discern if what we hear is from God
- Will come true no matter the circumstances
- To be obeyed whether attended by miracles or not
- Israel continues to disobey to their destruction and demise
How does each character relate?
- The Word of God was merciful and he despised it
- The man of God
- The Word of God was his safety and he abandoned it
- The old prophet
- The Word of God was his profession and he abused it