Essential Church Objectives – Evangelization
Acts 2:47; Matthew 18:18-20
Relationships are the # 1 factor for someone accepting an invitation to come to church.
Top Ten Excuses Why Christians Don’t Share Their Faith
- I just don’t think about it
- I am afraid I will be rejected.
- The music isn’t that good.
- The preaching isn’t strong.
- We’ve got too many church problems right now.
- Our church is already too crowded.
- No one ever challenged me to invite anyone.
- I just don’t know how to start the conversation.
- It’s the Spirit’s job, not mine, to bring people to church.
- It’s too far for people to come.
The 4th Essential – Evangelization
- Acts 2:47; 3:1-8; 4:1-2; 5:27-32, 40-42
- Matthew 28:18-20
Evangelization and Missions in the New Testament
- Was never limited to the church gathering
- Was always initiated by the Christian
- Was usually connected with another unrelated event
- Was never forced
- Acts 26:1-3
- Jude 1:22-23
Five Steps to Starting a Gospel Conversation
- Remember your purpose
- Pray for opportunities
- See people, be relational
- Turn everyday conversations into gospel conversations
- Remain faithful
- Get our eyes off self
- Petty differences are minimized
- Relationships are deepened
- Attracts others to Christ
- Begin with prayer
- Listen to people’s needs and stories
- Eat with people, this is relational
- Serve needs
- Share Jesus