Are You Free Indeed?
Obedience to God is the path to maximum freedom.
What do we learn from Genesis 2:16-17?
- It tells us a log about God
- Freedom within the Garden meant the ability and authority to do anything they wanted within the parameters God established
- Sin, not God, robbed people of freedom
Humans appear to prefer bondage
- Describes the downward degradation of sin and ends with a coffin in Egypt
- Romans 5:12
- Describes how God brings the Jewish nation out of bondage and into freedom
- Numbers 11:5
- Old Testament – New Testament
- Real freedom is freedom from the bondage of sin
Paul concerning freedom
- All of us were born in bondage to sin
- Romans 3:10-20
- Christ came to set us free
- Romans 3:22b, 23-24
- Many Christians still live as if they were enslaved
- Romans 6:1-15
- Romans 6:14