The Ministry of Encouragement
Being an encourager is a pretty simple thing, but it has tremendous benefits for the person being encouraged.
- Acts 4:36-37
- Barnabus, the Son of Consolation
- Acts 11:22-24
Exhorted, Exhort, Exhorting
- To urge someone strongly to do something
- Thayer – To call to one’s side, to address, speak to, beg, entreat, to console, to encourage and strengthen by consolation, to encourage, to strengthen, to instruct, teach
- Vine – To urge someone to pursue a course of conduct. To propel forward, to urge forward, impel morally.
- Acts 14:22
- Hebrews 10:25
- Acts 11:23; 15:32
- 1 Thessalonians 2:11; 4:1; 5:14
- Hebrews 3:13
Edified, Edification, Edify, Edifying
- Acts 9:31
- Building up character, the Christian, and the church
- Thayer – The act of building, building up. The act of one who promotes another’s growth in Christian wisdom, piety, happiness, holiness.
- Vine – The act of building, promoting spiritual growth, building a future body of believers, promoting the spiritual growth and developing of character in believers, teaching by example.
- 1 Corinthians 14:3, 5, 12, 26
- Ephesians 4:12, 16 29
- Romans 14:19; 15:2
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Read and study your Bible
- Pray before reading
- Examine what the passage says to you
- Say it back to the Lord
- Share with others
- Church attendance
- Mentor – encourage, edify, exhort