How to Be Happy
1 Corinthians, Numbers 11
There is a place where God wants us to be and on the path to that place, we are going to be able to find the happiness, joy, and peace that we seek.
2022 Theme Verse
- Philippians 3:14
1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:1-3
- The Natural Man – Egypt
- The Carnal Man – Wilderness
- The Spiritual Man – Promised Land
- In the wilderness, we remember what Egypt was like, but we don’t know what the Promised Land is like.
- When we stop, unhappiness steps in
- Accept people where they are, but keep them moving toward the goal
Obstacles to moving forward
- Sin will keep you from being all that God wants you to be
- Sin will keep you from progress
- Sin will rob you of happiness
- Sin circle: a suggestion -> a desire -> intention -> action -> memory -> suggestion
- Stopping progress in your spiritual life
- Don’t Stop!
- Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Corinthians 10
- This won’t happen to me – verse 12
- I’ve already gone too far – verse 13