If we are going to love our kids as our heavenly Father loves us, we are going to have to love them in the same way that He loves us: unconditionally, sacrificially, unselfishly.
- 1 John 3:1
- Proverbs 13:24; 19:18; 22:15; 23:13-14
- Hebrews 12:6-11
- Proverbs 22:6; 3:12; Hebrews 12:6
- Deadly “D’s”
- Deliberate Disobedience
- Defiance – Disrespect
- Ephesians 6:4
- Proverbs 20:7
10 Guidelines for Christian Parents
- Acknowledge that your child is a gift from God (see Psalm 127:3).
- Dedicate your child to the Lord to be used in His service (see 1 Samuel 1:11).
- Make a personal commitment to God to grow as a Christian parent.
- Identify your values and convey these values consistently in your behavior.
- Express to your children love and acceptance.
- View discipline as an ongoing process of helping your children ultimately to become self-controlled and self-disciplined.
- Pray daily for each member of your family.
- Maintain family worship and Bible study in your home.
- Involve all family members in church activities.
- Participate in events your church will offer to help you grow as a Christian parent. Be imitators of God as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loves us.